Wednesday & Thursday September 16-17
$3,500 Prize Fund based on 30
$1,000 & Trophy
The September US Chess Rating Supplement will be used for pairings and prizes. Other ratings may used at the TD’s discretion as described on the National Open page.
US Chess National Championship
The U.S. Women’s Open draws women and girls from all over the world. A great tournament played in a friendly atmosphere.
- 5 Round Swiss System Tournament
- US Chess & FIDE Rated
- 50 Grand Prix Points
- Time Control: Game/90 minutes +30 second increment
- Entry Fee: $99 by 8/31, $125 later.
- Late Registration: 8:30 – 9:00 a.m. Wednesday.
- Players may register later with a 1/2 point bye in round 1.
- Meet & Greet: 9:15 a.m.
- Wednesday 9:30 a.m., 2:30 p.m. & 7 p.m.
- Thursday 9:30 a.m. & 2:00 p.m.
- Awards Thursday 7:00 p.m.
- 1/2 point bye available in any round (limit 2) if requested in advance. Thursday byes must be requested before the start of round 3 and cannot be cancelled.
- Please bring Chess Clocks.
Membership in the U.S. Chess Federation is required of all players except foreign GMs, IMs, WGMs or WIMs. You may join with your entry or on site. Players will not be allowed to complete the tournament without a valid membership.